Am sorry for not posting up due to my health reasons and my hubby's b'day. Herewith I am posting for Baking partners challenge.It was so wonderful and being a member of Baking Partners.I never miss single one.We the members are celebrating this month's anniversary Happy 1st Anniversary for Baking Partners created by Swathi. We are honored as members of your group Swathi.. Here it is.
Here the challenge for this month are amazing.it was suggested by humi and saraswathi. I had chosen lemon glow chiffon cake as it is airy,so soft and light fluffy cake with strong lemon flavor in it.
I have reduced to half..You can follow the same as given by Saraswathi's recipe.
Adapted from The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum
2 1/4 cups (8 ounces) / 225g cake flour
1 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp. / 300g caster sugar
1/2 tsp. / 3.5g salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 ~ 2 tbsp. lemon zest
½ cup / 108g canola oil / sunflower oil
3 no / 130g large egg yolks
2/3 cup / 156g water @ room temperature
2 tbsp. / 30g lemon juice
1 tsp. Vanilla essence
1 ¼ tsp. / 4g cream of tartar
2 tbsp. / 30 g sugar
7 no / 300g large egg whites
I have reduced to half.
- 1 cup Sifted cake flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon zest.
- 4 eggs yolks
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Tsp Tartar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and I choose tube pan..you can use any kind of pan of various sizes must be preferable 9 or 8 inch pan.
- Sift the cake flour,baking soda together and add salt to the bowl.Add sugar and lemon zest to it. Keep aside.
- Beat the egg yolks along with oil,lemon juice,water and vanilla extract.whisk well until its all mix well.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 additions to make sure it is well incorporated.
- In an electric stand mixer with whisk attachment or hand mixer with whisk attachment,beat the egg whites and tartar until it is frothy and bubbles forming up.
- Add the tablespoon of sugar to it and beat it on medium speed until it gets peak stiff forms.
- Once the meringue gets peak stiff form and add to the egg flour mixture in 3 additions.
- Fold gently and make sure the flour egg mixture gets covered up and it s well incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the un-greased tube pan fitted with wax paper on all sides and bottom.Tap it gently.
- Bake it for about 20 to 30 minutes since I reduced the measurements to half.
- Insert the tooth pick into the cake and if it comes out well then it is clean otherwise bake it for fewer minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Invert the tube pan on the stainless glass facing it.
- It will b easy to release the cake out from the tube pan after inverting it on the glass.
- Dust it with powdered sugar once it is completely cool.
Linking this entry to Baking Partners Group Challenge 12 by Swathi