I was looking for a snack at evening as I am thinking what to do for snack in the evening!!! I saw big pack of oats and would like to try..Already tried American version of oatmeal raisin cookies and it was chewy inside..I would like to do differently and visited my friend's blog and found it so yum and it will b crunchy inside and outside too if you allow to bake little bit longer..It is very healthy one along with nut.It is great for kids for a snack box.
Here goes the recipe.Thanks a lots Priya!!!
Recipe source : Oatmeal Cookies
- 135 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 80g caster sugar
- 80g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 190 g All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup or 60 g of rolled oats
- A handful of sliced almonds for decorating on the top of the unbaked cookie.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.Keep aside.
- Sift the flour along with baking soda,ground cinnamon,salt in a bowl.Keep aside.
- In an electric stand mixer or hand mixer with paddle attachment,beat the butter along with 2 types of sugar and mix well until it is well creamy and smooth in texture
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract to it and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to it in 3 additions.Mix well until it is well incorporated.
- Add the rolled oats to it and mix well.
- Make into balls from 1 Tblspoon of the dough for each and every cookie ball,flatten it and press gently and place 2-3 almond slices on the top of each and every cookie. so all will be having the same size of the cookie.
- Bake it for about 12 minutes or until the edges starts browning.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Serve it along with a glass of milk or a cup of tea/coffee or as a snack time for best taste and crunchiness