Baking Partners Challenge for this month is super exciting...It is savory recipe that is called as Saltine Crackers and Graham Crackers!!! I have chosen Saltine Crackers! Here goes the recipe as below...Thanks a lotzzzz for the suggestion by Arthy and Swathi
Cracker is savory cookie..It is very thin,crisp and seasoned with top like dried herbs and salt.It goes well with dipping sauce or cheese or butter spread.These crackers can be yeast raised or baking powder raised.It is drilled with holes by using fork or tooth pick in order to prevent raising of dough during baking.
It is one of the best savory cookie.
For Saltine Cracker dough!!
- 3/4 Cup All purpose Flour
- A Pinch of salt
- A Pinch of Baking soda
- 2-3 drops of vinegar
- 1/4 cup Warm water
- 1 1/2 Tsp Active dry yeast
- 1/2 Tsp sugar
- 3 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon Butter(unsalted)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- Dry Herbs( I used 1 Tsp of herbs mix such as rosemary,thyme,basil,majoram)
- On a medium heat,add the butter and oil along with water in medium saucepan and allow it to boil until the butter melts
- Mix yeast along with sugar into the warm water and stir until it dissolves.Keep aside.
- Sieve the flour in a bowl,Add salt and baking soda.mix well.
- In a wide bowl, add the sifted flour mixture ,add vinegar and lukewarm water mixture and finally add yeast mixture.Mix well until the dough is soft pitiable and quite sticky.
- Transfer the dough into the bowl and cover it with cling wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.It will be bit risen up.
- Next day place the bowl on the counter top and let it allow at room temperature.
- Dust the working surface with flour,place the dough and roll it by using rolling pin to get rectangle sheet and it must be thin.Fold it in both ends on the center and resembles like an Envelope.
- Turn it in 90 Degrees and flatten the dough using rolling pin.make it as thin.Cut into shapes either square or circle...I used pizza cutter to get into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle the seasonings evenly and again roll it with rolling pin.
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees F...
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.Place the thin dough and arrange it well and poke the holes by using fork or tooth pick.
- Bake it about 10 to 12 mins
- Cool it down on the cooling rack.
- Serve it along with dips
Happy Baking and Crunching :)
Linking this entry to Swathi of Baking partners Challenge for March