|Baked Fresh from the oven :)|
Mouth Watering Dilpasands!! It reminds us during childhood days.Has anyone heard Bangalore Iyengar's Bakery ??My hubby had asked for dilpasands.I have no idea where to get it here and decided to make it on my own. Its very yummy snack puff best for kids too. Once baking,our house is full of aroma :) :) My hubby came back from office and said wow what s going on :) I said Its surprise and also ur favorite snack!! He was excited to know. He was surprised and took a slice.He said Wow Awesome :) :) U also try it and make Ur hubby or kids or friends to taste Ur dilpasands :) Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)
Dilpasands is pastry puff filled with super flaky coconut or Fresh coconut and tutti fruity with aromatic cardamom powder and sugar :) :) Its purely originated in India :)
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet (Thawed) Available in Grocery stores.:)
- 1/2 cup Fresh scraped coconut
- 1/2 to 1 cup multi -color Tutti Fruity (Available in Indian grocers)
- 1 cup Sweetened or Unsweetened coconut flakes( If you are using unsweetened coconut increase the measurement of sugar to 1/2 cup or to taste)
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar( If u have no brown sugar then can add normal sugar)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Crushed cardamom or powdered cardamom
- Melted Butter for brushing the puff pastry sheet
Preheat the oven temp to 350 F and apply butter on the baking sheet or use parchment paper. Set aside.
For Filling :
- Take saucepan,pour water and sugar.Let it to boil on medium heat till sugar dissolves and switch off the flame
- Add powdered or crushed cardamom to it and add coconut,colorful tutti fruity.Mix all together and keep aside
For making pastry sheet :
- Flour the work surface and keep thawed puff pastry sheet and make it round shaped with the help of round pastry cutter or using vessel or bog bowl ,make a big circle on the sheet and keep aside.
- Remaining dough sheet roll out and dust it with flour to make small circle than the first one.
To Assemble :
- Place the big circle sheet onto the buttered baking sheet.Using pastry brush apply the butter on the sheet to hold the fillings.
- Add the fillings on the sheet and gently spread it leaving a small border around the stuffing.
- Place the small circle sheet on the stuffing and close the edges and seal them with the help of water or melted butter.
- Seal the edges to make an impressive design by pressing gently with a fork
- Apply the melted butter on the top and all over the sides to get lovely golden crispy brown color
- Once the oven is preheated then bake the dilpasands at 350F f or about 15 to 20 minutes till it becomes golden brown color. Keep an eye on it.
- Allow it to cool before serve it.
Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the aromatic dilpasands filled with flaky coconut and tutti fruity :)
Awaiting to hear ur experience once u baked it and read ur comments :)
Happy Baking :)