Here It is newly different and new flavor!!! I had used tapoica for pakora. It gives you really taste.It is the recipe source given by my mom in law who was with me this time. She always makes all dishes very new and differently. She's an intelligent cook!!! Am sure you will love it with new flavor and veggie as an ingredient apart from onion pakora and any other veg pakora.
Recipe Source : My mom in law
- 1 Tapoica/kappa. Peeled and grated.
- 1 Cup Idly rice
- 1/2 cup chana dhal
- 1/4 cup each of Urad dhal,Toor dhal,Moong dhal
- 1 1/2 inch ginger peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 Tsp of Fennel Seeds(Sombu)
- 3 to 6 Red chillies ( Depends on your spiciness)
- 3 Green Chillies
- A bunch of Curry leaves finely chopped
- A bunch of Corainder leaves finely chopped.
- 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying.
- Soak idly rice along with red chillies and all dhals separately in 2 bowls and allow it to rest for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Grate the tapoica/kappa after peeled it.Grate it.Keep aside.
- Take a mixie jar,add the idly rice,red chillies,sombu,ginger and pulse it for about few seconds to get rava like consistency and make sure it should not make it as smooth paste.
- Transfer the idly rice mixture into the bowl.
- In the same mixie jar,add all the dhals and pulse it for abt few seconds to get coarse and not smooth paste.
- Mix the dhal mixture to the idly rice mixture and mix well with your hand.Mix well until it is well incorporated.
- Add grated tapoica to it and mix well thoroughly.
- Add finely chopped onions,green chillies(chopped),coriander leaves,curry leaves,turmeric powder,chopped garlic and finally add salt.
- In a kadai,Add the oil for deep frying.Make sure it is on medium high heat.
- Make into small sized balls and put in hot oil and fry till it gets brown in color and it gets cooked.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney or coriander chutney.
- It is always best to have hot pakoras along with a cup of tea or as an appetizer/starter.
Sending this entry to Potluck Party Cyber Style @ Jagrutis Cooking Odyessey