Today I had a nice weekend busy baked special treats for my dearest dad and posted it on my Facebook...Well I am sending posts day by day :) Also happy that my guest post was hosted by Lavanya from Tickle Your Taste buds and make your life delicious on a very special day that is on Happy Father's Day :) :)double happiness :)
Well Am sending this recipe on very special Kerala style Plantain Fritters as We are from our God's own country settled down in Chennai .This recipe is our favorite tea time snack with my family.Last year recently I was on trip to Kerala with my parents,my mariner brother my in laws,my hubby and my cutie daughter.We all went for relaxing moment in our life that is an amazing attraction "HOUSE BOAT" in Alleppey. Enjoyed lots.This stuck my mind what is the last dessert we get it from our cook in Houseboat.Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww Crispy Hot Plantain Fritters along with Tea :) Loved it lots and my entire family had enjoyed lots.What A Wonderful Memories at Kerala!!! Want to make it for my dad.Here it is the recipe and make it at home Enjoy it along with a cup of Chai(Tea) and make life memorable :)
An Amazing House Boat :)
Recipe Source from my mom :)
- 1 cup Maida or All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp to 1 Tablespoon Sugar (It depends to taste)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda.
- 2 ripen Plantain ( If the outer skin is black then its very ripe.)Slice it.
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Jeerakam or cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed Cardamom or cardamom powder
- A pinch of salt.
- 3/4 cup water less or more.
- Coconut oil for frying. (You can use Vegetable or Canola oil.)
- Take a wide bowl,Sift the flour,baking soda,salt into the bowl.
- Add sugar,jeerakam,cardamom powder or crushed cardamom,turmeric powder to it and whisk till it is well combined together.
- Adjust by pouring the 1/2 cup water into it to get the right consistency not too thin not too thick. .
- slice the plantains vertically or cut the plantain into halves then slice each half in the middle vertically
- Dip the sliced plantain into the batter
- In a wide kadai or frying pan,pour the oil into it.Once the oil is hot,take a drop of batter into it and check whether its bubbly hot and does not sink to the bottom..then its ready.
- Put the plantain slices coated with batter into the frying pan or kadai and fry till golden brown
- Drain it on paper napkins
- Serve warm along with hot Tea ;)
Enjoy it.Awaiting to hear your comments and your experience at your home :)
Am submitting the events to blogger friends :)
Jiya's Delicacy First Event-Exhibit Every bite #1