Hi friends :)
Well I baked Coconut macaroons It tasted so good along with a cup of tea or as your favorite snack :)
A macaroon is very lightly baked confection which can either be as small sweet cake or meringue like cookies :) Here the recipe goes on :)
Crunchy coconut macaroons
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Dessicated coconut or Sweetened shredded coconut or Fresh grated Coconut
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup powdered almonds or crushed almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325 F or 170 C. Line a parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
- On medium heat,roast the shredded coconut or fresh grated coconut for about 10 minutes or it ll be very light brown color
- Turn off the heat.
- Combine the cooled coconut,condensed milk,powdered/crushed almonds and vanilla extract together into the bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or Stand mixer with a whisk attachment, Beat the egg whites and salt together on high speed to form a medium peak consistency.
- Fold the egg whites mixture into the coconut mixture gently.
- Take an ice cream scoop, take a spoonful of batter into the baking sheet
- Alternatively you can use a piping bag, pour the batter to it and make a peak formed on the baking sheet.
- Bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes or until its top brown.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Serve it along with a cup of tea.
- If you want the macaroons to dip into the chocolate It will be delightful for your kids :)
- Melt the chocolate pieces along with 1 Tablespoon of butter into the oven proof bowl and Microwave it for about 30 seconds.
- Dip the coconut macaroons into the chocolate and allow it to keep on the parchment paper until it is firm and set.
Awaiting to hear your comments and try it at home :)
Submitting it to the event by Swathi's Zesty South Indian Kitchen Favorite Recipe Event Cookies
Surabhi's Let's party -Go Bake it