Happy Vinayagar Chathurthi to everyone :) It is one of my mom's homemade laddoo. I made this for Vinayagar Chathurthi at my home. It was filled with fun and happiness. It is so simple and easy! IT is the best taste and loved by everyone and kids. Also great to make it for any occasions /festivals.
Here is the recipe source!
Recipe Source : Amma.
- 1 cup Moong Dhal(Pasi paruppu)
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp of cardamom powder(Optional)
- Few Tablespoons of Ghee
- A Handful of cashew nuts
- In a medium sauce pan, add 1 tablespoon of ghee to it. Roast the cashew nuts to it on medium flame till it turns light brown in color.
- In the same pan, roast the moong dhal till it turns red color or light brown in color on medium flame for about 15 to 20 mins. Make sure never allow it to burn. Patience is needed. Allow it cool once the color changed to red in color.
- In a mixie, put the roasted dhal into the jar and pulse it few times to get fine powder.
- Sieve the moong dhal powder and powdered sugar well.
- Add cardamom powder and roasted cashew nuts to the powdered dhal mixture in a bowl.
- In the same pan add 2 to 3 tablespoons of ghee and allow it to get hot on medium heat.
- In a wide bowl add the hot ghee to the center of the powdered dhal mixture. Mix well.
- Grease your hands with ghee and make into balls with your bearable hands since the ghee is hot. If the mixture with ghee is not hot then it is difficult to make into balls.
- Moong dhal laddoos are ready to serve
Linking this recipe to Shruti’s ‘Sweet Celebration’ Event