I have joined SNC Challenge and this is my 1st post submitting to SNC(South North Challenge). I am so happy at least I made it today as it is one of my family's favorite. MY mom used to make it since my childhood days.It is one of my favorite time always.I used to have kulfi in earthern pots clay ones.It is so cute...Wish i would have made in earther pot clay ones for my kulfi..Will do it for sure next time.
Thanks to Divya Pramil and Shruti for this wonderful challenge.It was huge success and loved by my family and my friends at my home for gettogether. They all had kulfi especially my kid and my friend's kid loved it and they had it for the 1st time at my home and it was so nice and tempting
Here it is time for your family and friends to enjoy!!! Here it is .
- 1 Litre Milk
- 1/2 Tin Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Corn flour
- 1/2 Tsp cardamom powder( I increased coz i love the flavor)
- 1/3 cup Chopped pistachios
- 1/4 Tsp Saffron(Kesar)
- 1/4 tsp Rose Water
- Dissolve Corn flour in 1/2 cup milk and mix well.Keep aside.
- Meanwhile,pour the remaining milk,condensed milk and sugar in a wide deep non stick pan and keep it on medium flame and bring it to boil
- Once the milk gets cream from all the sides and it starts get thickening...scrap on all sides and keep stirring.
- Reduce it on low flame and keep stirring.Once the milks is reducing to half and it starts get thickening.
- Add corn flour milk mixture to the milk and keep stirring and make sure there are no lumps inside it.
- Add cardamom powder,saffron and pistachios to it.
- Mix well and stir once.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool
- Once cooled down,add rose water to it.Mix well.
- Transfer the kulfi mixture to the kulfi mold or Popsicle mold or even glass tumblers(preferably stainless steel)
- Allow it to keep in the freezer for about 3 to 4 hours.
- For Glass tumblers insert the ice cream stick as handles to it.
- Keep back into the freezer again until it is firm
- Take it out and place the mold under tap water for few seconds.Release/Pull slowly from the kulfi mold with the help of the stick.
- Serve immediately
I am being part of Southern Team
I am submitting my 1st post for SNC to the Northern Team Challenge at Shruti 's page.