Dear Friends :)
I still didn't get laptop.Still waiting to get it on November :( I was being interested in joining Blog Hop. It was started by my dear blogger friend Radhika from Tickling Palates. She has an amazing recipes and loved it :) :) Happy to be a part of Blog Hop :) It sounds fun and seeing new friends again and again :) Hopping into another blog,selecting any recipe from partner's blog.It was fun.I was being selected with my partner Vidhya by Radhika.It sounds new and 1st time to join Blog Hop :) and It was amazing and lovely :) I got time to look for my partner Vidhya and visited her blog.I almost visited all her pages especially in cakes,cookies and breads because my blog is only baked goodies :) :) I went through her site and it was amazing.I choose Wacky cake and was wondering why is it called the "Depression Cake" She said in a note which has no butter and eggs.Wow its challenging for me,I would like to try it since it has no eggs :). After baked,It is moist cake and very different cake :) It is great for peoples who does not like to put eggs on it :) :)
Well I can tell you Why is it called Wacky Cake as I read it from one book named America's Best Lost Recipes.It said During both world wars,it was short in supply leading American women to devise a variety of "make- do"cakes like this one.Still could not understand,An American women made this strange cake which has dry ingredients mixed together along with 3 holes one is large with oil and other 2 smaller ones with extract and vinegar separately.It is all mixed up gently with wooden spoon.It should not be over mix. It is so soft and moist cake. Thank you Vidhya :)
DRY INGREDIENTS :
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
WET INGREDIENTS :
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional) I didn't add.You can add,
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, Whisk all the dry ingredients except chocolate chips together .
- Grease a 8 inch square pan with oil or baking spray.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the greased baking pan.Make 3 holes as craters,Large one add oil to it.
- The other smaller ones add vinegar and vanilla extract separately.
- Mix gently by adding water with wooden spoon.Do not over mix.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes.While baking, center of the cake is gooey and wet, add chocolate chips if you want.
- Once the tooth pick comes out clean with few crumbs to it.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Garnish it with powdered sugar.
- Serve it :)
Happy Baking :)
Sending to Blog Hop :)