Hope everyone is in mood for Navaratri :) Also Halloween time in the coming 2 weeks :) Well I have been selected Pumpkin Choco chips muffins from 3 Recipes as given by Baking Partners Challenge # 3. It was so fun and amazing being part of baking partners :) This time Pumpkin season has arrived and Fall Season has started too.Most are buying harvest pumpkin types and collecting fall leaves for their creative crafts and many other things. Many are buying for the costumes like Scary.It is so fun by seeing scary costumes,Skeletons,Witch and many more :) Also never miss Pumpkin "JACK OF O LANTERN :) Well It has chosen Pumpkin recipe and I was doubtful as I never tried like this one.I asked my group friends where do we get pumpkin? :) Hmm I got canned Pumpkin puree as I don't want fall into trap by trying homemade :) To my astonishment,pumpkin puree is made pure from pumpkins.Sure I ll make homemade pumpkin puree as I loved pumpkin puree along with spices mix.It was an aromatic and simply loved it :) I want to decorate muffins as It has no cream on the top of the muffin.So got an idea s I made pictures of scary characters and my daughter colored it :) It was so lovely time being with my daughter :) While baking,I kept my fingers crossed as it should come out well for me. I immediately tasted it while it is warm and it was awesome :) Loved pumpkin :) MY family had enjoyed it and I gave it to my friends and got lovely feedback :) Here is the recipe and make your creative decorations on it :)
- 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) solid packed, canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (175 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven
to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Place rack in the middle of the oven. Line 12
muffin cups with paper liners or spray each cup with a non stick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, ground spices, and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and pumpkin puree, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin cups evenly with the batter using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake for about 18 - 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Sending this to cooks joy halloween fista