I am very sorry as my laptop is fully damaged and have to wait for about 2 months to get new one.am using Samsung tab and trying to do one by one.it's hard to use tab for blogging time.I used to go to my friend's home to use her laptop for posting it on my blog and blogging days.Very much upset and sorry for the delay.Also will post round up of my previous event.Please bear it with me. I have joined Egg less Baking group owned by Gayathri. She is wonderful and has lots and lots of yummiest recipes. She also has eggless baking recipes :) Am happy to be a part of Egg less baking group. Here is the September Month challenge called as "PISTACHIO APRICOT ORANGE BISCOTTI" It is an Italian biscuit based baked twice. The biscuits are oblong-shaped,sliced it and place it on the baking tray.Allowed to bake it till golden brown and crunchy through cutting the loaf while it is still hot and fresh from baking in the oven.I already baked Chocolate Almond Biscotti and can be found here.Enjoy :)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp orange flower water ( I used orange extract as I didn't get orange blossom water)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz (about 1 cup) pistachio nuts
- 5 oz (about 1 cup) chopped dry apricots
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with a parchment paper
- Rub the sugar and orange zest in a small bowl until the sugar gets moist and aromatic.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter and the sugar mixture in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add in the orange extract and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in the pistachios and chopped apricots with a rubber spatula.
- Take out the dough.Dust the flour on the working surface counter top.
- Place the dough on to the dusted top surface.
- Make it into oblong shaped log about 12 inches in length and 3 1/2 inches wide.
- Place the prepared log on the baking sheet.
- Allow it to bake it for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the logs are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 F.
- Transfer the logs to a chopping board.
- Cut each log into 1/2 inch slices by using sharp knife or serrated knife.
- Arrange the slices standing them on their bottoms on the same baking sheet.
- Allow it to bake again for about 12 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool completely on the cooling rack.
- Serve it with your favorite drink :)
Notes: Store it in an air tight container upto 1 week.
Happy Baking :)
Happy Baking :)
Linking this entry to Radhika's Tickling Palates