On weekend We were talking about plan for lunch! I used to remember my mom used to make pasta from savories to dessert..We want to do something different apart from normal desserts such as semiya payasam. dhal payasam..Why not we try for Pasta after we bought Pasta Orzo from Barilla brand in grocers stores.It is purely made from Italy. We thought to make this as sweet payasam. It tasted very delicious with your favorite nuts.It goes well in any occasions Enjoy it with your family and friends! Try it at home.
For making Jaggery Syrup
- 1 cup Palm Jaggery
- 1/2 cup water
For making Pasta dessert
- 1 cup orzo pasta(looks alike Rice)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- A handful of Cashew nuts and raisins
- 1/4 Cup sweetened coconut flakes.
- 1 Tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger powder
For making jaggery syrup
- Add water and jaggery into the medium saucepan and allow it to boil on medium heat.Once it gets thickened. Keep aside.
- Add water and allow it to boil in a wide pan,Add the pasta to it and allow it to cook
- In a medium sauce pan,put 2 1/2 Tablespoons of ghee ,add broken cashew nuts to it and make it light brown in color.Keep aside.Add the raisins in the remaining ghee.Once it puffs.Keep aside.Add the sweetened coconut flakes in the remaining ghee and give lightly roast.Turn off the heat.Keep aside
- Add the milk,cooked jaggery syrup,ground ginger to the pasta mixture.Allow it to boil and keep stirring it.Turn off the heat.Add cardamom powder.
- Add the nuts to the pasta mixture.Transfer it into the serving bowl.
It tastes out great :) Am sure kids will love it.
Linking this entry to
Amila's Food Corner Cook like a Celebrity Chef