Here I made very light and airy sponge cake called as Swiss Roll filled with our most favorite Chocolate mousse added with lots of cubed pineapples. It tastes so delicious and goes well on any occasion
Here are the ingredients: I am dividing the pictures into 2 sections one is for making sponge cake and the other one is for making chocolate mousse and pineapple.
For Sponge Cake:
- 3 Eggs Separated( yolks and whites)
- 4 Tablespoons All purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Corn flour
- 1/4 Cream of tartar
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Sugar divided.
For Pineapple Chocolate Mousse
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 Tsp of Corn flour
- 1 Cup finely chopped small pineapple pieces
- 2 Oz of Semi sweet baking chocolate squares
- 2 Tablespoons of Water
- 1/2 Tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- I used Heart shaped chocolates on the top.
- 2 Tablespoons of Powdered sugar.
For Making the sponge cake process:
- Grease the butter on the parchment paper and dust it with flour on the cookie sheet. Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Add egg yolks,1/4 cup sugar and vanilla extract to it.
- Mix well until it is well combined.
- It will be smooth and color changed to light pale yellow in color.
- In a wide bowl with whisk,beat the egg whites along with cream of tartar until it is frothy.
- Whisk more and more the egg whites and the remaining sugar till you get the peak stiff forms.Do not over beat..
- Add egg whites in 3 additions to the yolk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the sifted flour and corn flour to the egg mixture.Fold gently.
- The sponge cake is ready and make sure there are no lumps.
- Transfer into the baking sheet coated with parchment paper.Bake it for at least 8 to 10 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.Make sure Do not over bake. It will turn out into a cookie. so look through the oven door.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.Place the sponge cake on the wax paper or kitchen towel
- With the help of kitchen towel/ wax paper, roll gently with your hands and wrap it into the sides and keep in fridge until it is firm.
For Making the filling:
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat,add the water,sugar and corn starch and allow it to boil
- Add pineapple pieces to it and allow it to stir continuously to avoid sticky.Allow it to cool once it gets thickened.
- In a microwave or using double boiler,add 2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream along with chocolate bars and microwave it for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Once it is melting and make sure it is mixed up well to get smooth consistency.
- Meanwhile whisk the remaining heavy whipping cream along with the 3 tablespoons of sugar and beat well until the peak forms.
- Once the pineapple mixture is cooled down add it to the chocolate mixture and mix well together.
- Whipped cream is ready.
- Take the sponge cake from the fridge and unroll back.
- Mix the whipped cream to the chocolate pineapple mousse and mix gently with spatula.
- Spread the pineapple chocolate mousse filling evenly on the sponge cake. Roll it again with the help of wax paper. Keep in the fridge for almost 1 hour or until it is firm.
- Garnish it with powdered sugar on the top and garnish as you like.( I added heart chocolates on the top
- Ready to slice it and serve it :)