I have never thought of making fruit for cookies! Most I have done for cookies is Choco chip cookies! I never tried for fruit themed cookies. After hearing the name as Pineapple and want to try out the cookies with pineapple flavor. I had decided to add the cookies as an assortment cookies alike Nan Khatai (An Indian cookie). Here are Cinnamon brown sugar covered pineapple choc chip cookies,Coconut covered pineapple choc chip cookies and nut topped on pineapple choc chip cookies! Enjoy!!!
For Pineapple Flavor
- 2 Cups of Pineapple cubes
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Tsp Cardamom powder
- Little Water.
For Making the Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups of All purpose Flour or maida
- 2/3 Cup of sugar
- 1 Tsp of Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp of salt.
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 Cup semi sweet choco chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tsp of ground cinnamon
- Few pieces of Walnut or any nuts as you like.
Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.Line a parchment paper on the cookie sheet.Keep aside.
- Add 1 cup of pineapple cubes and little water into the blender to get the juice.It gets thickened and add 1 Tsp of cardamom powder and sugar tin a bowl under the ingredient as given "For pineapple flavor"
- Sieve all the dry ingredients such as flour,baking powder,sugar,nutmeg and salt Combine all together by using whisk. Add the pineapple flavor mixture as above step 1.
- Combine all together and add milk little to get smooth dough.Make sure it does not stick on your hands.If in case add extra 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour to it.
- Add choco chips to the dough.Knead well till the choco chips are into the dough.
- Take a plate combine both the cinnamon and brown sugar for the topping.Make into a ball of each and every dough. Cover the ball coated with cinnamon and brown sugar and place it on the cookie sheet.
- Also Add shredded coconut flakes in a bowl, coat the ball covered with coconut flakes.and place it on the cookie sheet, Remaining balls add each and every walnut on the top of the cookie.
- The assorted cookies are ready to bake.Take a fork and press on each and every cookie gently except walnut topped cookies. Bake it for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges and bottom starts to brown. Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- It is best to serve along with a cup of tea or as a snack for kids!!
Happy Baking :)