I have made an Apple Kiwi Halwa since I have tasted it at my friend's home..Wow so crazy only with fruits neither flour nor dhals too...It was so taste and passion of fruits only...My friend made apple only..I returned to my home and was thinking how about kiwi..I gave it a try to add both fruits.It came out well and exact looks like halwa..It tasted so lovely..It goes so good for kids :)
Here is the recipe
- Apples 2 nos(Peeled,Remove the seed and blend)
- Kiwi 2 nos(Peeled,Blend or grate)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or white sugar(I had used brown sugar)
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom powder
- Few cashew nuts
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons of Ghee.
- Take a small frying pan,Add 1 Tablespoon of ghee to it.Add the cashew nuts to it and cook till its roasted brown in color.Keep aside.
- Take a grater ,grate the apples or you can blend the apple into the mixie and get apple puree.
- Grate the kiwis or blend the kiwi to get kiwi puree.I didn't blend.and is the reason you can see the kiwi seeds black spots one since i grated it.
- In the same frying pan,add the apple puree and kiwi puree to it and stir well until the water gets evaporated by adding one or 2 tablespoons of ghee to it
- Keep stirring until it gets thick consistency.
- Add the brown sugar /white sugar to it.
- Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder and cashew nuts to it.
- Mix well until you get the halwa consistency.
- Grease the bowl with ghee and transfer the halwa to it
- Take a serving plate.place the bowl with halwa and invert it
- Take out the bowl and the halwa is on the serving plate.
- Enjoy it as a dessert!!!
- Garnish it with the remaining cashew nuts.
Linking this entry to Potluck party cyber style PPCS by Jagruti madam