When I visited Home Bakers group and I was so stunned to see the recipe by my friend Cheryl..Hope you all knew her.She made it fat free cookies!!! I was so thrilled and want to make it exact and it is super vegan and free from dairy products and fat free and of course guilt free :) It would be great idea to post for Vegan Thursdays!! Here it is. Its wonderful and fun to bake!!!
Enjoy the super delicious cookie along with tea :)
Recipe Source : Cheryl from Kitchen Kemistry
.I have halved into the measurements.You can follow the full measurements in her blog.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tblspoon Atta or All purpose flour or whole wheat flour. ( I used Atta)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Banana puree.It gives better flavor.
- 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- Sieve the flour along with baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
- Mix all together the sugar along with oil,banana puree,cocoa powder and vanilla extract.Whisk well to get creamy.
- Add one by one 2 Tablespoon of flour mixture to it and fold it gently. Never dump the flour.It should be gooey.
- Once the dough turns sticky.wrap the dough in a bowl with cling wrap and keep it in fridge for about 2 hours or overnight or in freezer for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Grease the oil with your hands to avoid sticky.Make 1 small ball of golf size.Coat it with powdered sugar by rolling each and every ball.or you can skip the ball without coating directly on the cookie sheet.
- Bake it for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the cookie gets crack.It is fine with that.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Some cookie which are not coated with powdered sugar before baking.You can dust it with powdered sugar after the cookie has cooled down.It is an alternative.
- Serve it along with a cup of hot tea :)
Linking this entry for Vegan Thursdays!! and you can join for Vegan thursdays by clicking here