It is the best dessert I have ever had.!!! It is the Middle East dessert and It tasted so heavenly :) Thanks Rafeeda and Priya for the wonderful challenge of Home Bakers.
Go for it and It is very simple to make and taste awesome :)
Here it is .
Recipe Source: Sukarah
- 3/4 pack (6 small square slices) puff pastry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (50g) thinly sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (50g) sultanas
- 1/4 cup (25g) pines, raw
- 1/2 cup (50g) cashew, raw
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) whipping cream or low fat whipped cream
- 2 1/2 cup (100g) sugar or Depends on your sweetness
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, grated (optional)
- ¼ cup (57g)shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (57g)pistachio powder (optional)
- Thaw the frozen puff pastry at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Place the pastry dough into the baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Brush it with oil.
- Bake it for about 15 minutes or until it is golden brown in color
- Place all the nuts such as cashews,almonds and pine into the baking sheet and bake it for about 5 minutes or until it is brown and keep an eye on it.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Let the puff pastry cool down Add the whipping cream, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg into a medium sauce pan on Medium Heat
- Stir just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Don’t allow it to boil once before reaching the boiling point, remove from heat
- Break the puff pastry into small pieces. Place the pastry pieces in each and every ramekin to fill it half way.
- Sprinkle with sultanas, nuts and coconut.
- Pour some of the whipping cream on it, then fill the ramekins with the rest of the puff pastry.
- Slowly add the remaining whipping cream to cover the puff pastry. Sprinkle some nuts and coconut
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the top is golden brown in color
- Cool for about 10 minutes on the cooling rack
- Serve warm, Decorate it with pistachios, more coconut and nuts as you like..
Linking it to Rafeeda's HBC Arabic Bakes!