Last month We(Baking Partners) posted Chocolate Almond Cake on the eve of Julia's Birthday as an Tribute:) It was awesome fun and loved to be part of it. Here it is the cookie selection theme for this month which is all time favorite :) It has 3 types of cookies given by Baking Partners group.I was selected the corn flakes cookies because my daughter loves it.
We enjoyed baking and it came out well. Everyone loves that cookie because it gives an aromatic flavor of coconut and of course crunchy,crispier corn flakes :) Heart felt thanks to Priya and Swathi for this awesome cookie recipe and best selection :)
Here is the recipe as below. Enjoy it with your favorite cup of Tea or Milk :)
Recipe Adapted Cornflakes cookies from Baking: Commonsense guide by Mudroch Books
- 125 gms/10Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup/165gms Sugar
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Black raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Dessicated coconut
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 2 Cups Crushed Cornflakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350F, line two baking trays with baking paper.Sieve the flour with baking soda and baking powder.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, using electric beaters until they turn light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the egg, beating thoroughly after each addition then add the vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Now add the raisins,coconut, give a stir. Fold the flour mixture with a metal spoon and stir until the mixture is almost smooth.
5. Put the crushed cornflakes in a shallow dish, then drop tablespoon of this cookie mixture onto the cornflakes and roll into balls.
6. Arrange on the trays, bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until they turn golden.
7. Cool completely and arrange in an air tight box.
Notes: I have reduced to make it the half of the measurements.
Hope you will try for it and awaiting to hear your experiences :)
Happy Baking :)