Hope you all had a nice weekend :) Well I was having lots of dates and would eat it daily. I want to try it differently and idea struck me by seeing my dear friend Divya. It made me to do it. Am scared to make balls because it is first time to make wet mixture into balls.Dates is very healthy one and goes great with nuts too. I gave dates ladoo to my family and friends and They liked it too. You can try it :)
Here is the picture of Dates laddoo
Here I got the recipe source from Divya's Culinary Journey
- 1 Cup chopped Dates
- 1/4 Cup almonds coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- A pinch of Nutmeg powder and ginger powder.
- Few Tsp of milk or ghee to make into balls.
Step by step wise picture as given:
- Take a chopping board chop all the dates into bited size chunks.Put it into the mixie or food processor
- Add spices to it and pulse it once for few seconds
- Take a cooking pan preferably non stick,put the dates mixture on medium low heat.Mix well by adding few tsp of ghee or milk till u able to make balls.
- Switch off the heat and apply both sides of your hand with smeared ghee if u want.Make into small balls once it is warm or hot enough to make it.
- Dates laddoo is ready to serve.
- Store it in an air tight container.
I made about 17 balls :) Goes best for kids :)