Here I have made dhokla using microwave method since I didn't have steam support plate for holding the dhokla/dhokla stand.I had decided to use in Microwave Method...My dhokla has turned out red because of microwave method and used baking soda since I didn't get ENO fruit salt. I had adjusted it to get an exact dhokla.
I had followed the recipe of Jagruti's Sooji matar dhokla...You can follow her blog and here I made it for potluck event!!!
Recipe Source : Sooji Matar Dhokla by Jagruti.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup Sooji/Semolina
- 1 Cup sour buttermilk(Used 1/2 cup curd plus 1/2 cup water)
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup lightly mashed green peas boiled.
- 1 Tbsp Besan flour
- 1 Tbsp Rice flour
- 1 Tbsp ENO Fruit salt( Since I didn't get it. so I had used 1 /2 Tsp baking soda and 1 Tbsp Lemon juice)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Freshly grated ginger and green chillies puree(about 4 to 5 or depends on your spiciness)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
Tempering Tadka Ingredients:
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- 2 to 3 Slit green chillies
- 2 Tbsp grated Coconut
- Handful of Chopped Coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 Red chillies
- Mix all the ingredients except Tempering in a large bowl.
- Whisk well until no lumps are found.Keep aside for 10 minutes.Add the mashed green peas to it and mix well
- Keep aside for 5 minutes
- Grease the oil in microwave safe bowl and transfer the batter to it.
- Allow it to cook on High heat for about 1 to 3 minutes.Each minute check once.
- Insert the tooth pick/knife into the bowl once it is cleaned or microwave it for about 1 min or 30 seconds or so.
- Once it is done,
- Take a frying pan ,add all the tempering ingredients except coconut and coriander.
- Pour into the dhokla bowl on the top.
- Garnish it with coconut and coriander leaves
- Cut into desired shapes as you like,
- Serve it with mint chutney.
Linking this entry to Potluck event Party!