Here I made Kourabiethes a name of cookie originated from Greece! It's purely powder sugar coating shortbread which is formed into crescent shaped or ball shaped.It is famous on Christmas season and also for the special occasions.
Here This month challenge is World of Cookies choose by Swathi of Zesty South Indian Kitchen.I had chosen this cookie as It is new to me and would like to try it.It came out yum and so taste and tangy orange flavor. Thank you so much Swathi for this wonderful recipe.
Recipe Source: kourabiethes
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup (250 gms) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups pure icing sugar or confectinoers sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 orange, rind finely grated
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- Line a baking sheet/Cookie Sheet with parchment paper.Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl.Keep aside.
- In an electric mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment,beat the butter along with 1 cup of icing sugar and orange rind to it. Mic well.
- Add a egg and mix well.Add the flour baking powder mixture to it.Mix well until it is well incorporated.
- Add the ground almond meal to it.
- Fold gently and make sure it is all mixed up well until the dough comes together.
- Take 1 tablespoon of dough per biscuit,roll into 8 cm long sausage.Bend it to form a crescent shaped cookie.Place it on the lined baking sheet tray.Repeat the same till the dough gets over.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes or until it is golden light brown in color.Take out from the oven.
- Allow it to sit on the cooling rack. Once it is warm,coat each and every cookie with powdered sugar
- Once it is completely cool then sift the powdered sugar all over the cookies.
- Serve it along with cup of tea or as a snack!!!
Linking this entry to Swathi's Baking Partner Challenge