One day I was visiting my friend's place as my friend's mom in law was talking to me about Fruit cake and it was very tempting as they are Christians...I can't wait to bake on Christmas time...I missed to have a piece of cake they gave to my hubby at his office long back. I missed it as he ate it :) I was having tutti fruity box container..Why I can't try to make it?I had made it as an egg version last year..This time i want to try egg-less version and here it is.It is so tasty and lovely . I changed type of pan from round pan to loaf pan.You can use a round pan. Thank you Priya :)
Here goes the recipe:
Recipe Source: Buttermilk Tutti Fruity Cake
- 1 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg powder
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tsp Rum extract(optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped dates(optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins/tutti fruity
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.Line the round 8 inch pan or loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with oil and dust it with flour
- Sift the flour,baking soda,ground nutmeg,ground cinnamon,salt into a bowl.
- In an another bowl, add the wet ingredients such as buttermilk,butter,vanilla extract ,rum extract and mix well by whisking it.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in 2 additions at a time.
- Add the dates and tutti fruity to it and fold well
- Transfer it to the greased loaf/round pan and allow it to bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack
- Place the loaf cake on the cutting board and slice it ..
- Best to serve it along with a cup of tea