I have made the fruit and nut cookies as it is on egg version and everyone loved it... I baked it on before Christmas times... I loved it..This time I had tried an egg-less version so my friends who are not able to eat egg based cookies/cakes.. and my friends loved the taste and want more..as I made small batch cookies. I am so happy to hear it from my friends... My family loved it... It is best to have it along with a cup of milk or tea or as a snack!!!
Here goes the egg-less version of the cookies as below
Recipe Source: Fruit & Nut Eggless Cookies
- 1 Cup All purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp Glazed cherries and green ones i added it too if you want..
- 3 Tbsp chopped unsalted pistachios.
- 1 to 2 Tsp Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Sift the flour in a bowl.
- In a wide bowl,add the butter,powdered sugar and mix well until it is well creamy by using your hand whisk or hand mixer.
- Add the flour at a time.
- Add the glazed cherries and pistachios.
- Mix well to form a dough... Add milk if it is dry and still crumbly.
- Place the dough on the counter top and make into log shaped by rolling it
- Transfer the log shaped dough into the parchment paper and roll it until it is covered and seal on both sides.
- Keep in the freezer or fridge until it is firm.
- Place the long shaped dough on the cutting board .Take a sharp knife and cut into 1 inch thickness
- Place the cut cookie dough on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake it for about 10 to 12 mins or until the edges of the cookies are light brown in color.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Serve it along with a glass of milk or a cup of tea....
- Store it an air- tight container.