It is one of kid's most favorite top cookie as Choco Chip Cookies.It is great for any occasion :) My kid asked me to bake these Choco chip cookies because her classmate said store bought sandwich cookies were not nice. After her school, my kid asked me "Mom Can you bake Choco chip cookies? As her friends will love it because it has choco chips :) Also she added by saying me Keep Choco chip cookies along with a glass of milk for Santa.Santa will be happy to have it before X mas arrives. My kid had helped me in baking and we had fun :) Ho Ho :) Here is the recipe and I got it from Hershey's recipe Semi sweet chocolate chips packet.:)
I had used cut out cookie cutter such as Stockings,X mas tree,Candy,Snowman and Gingerbread boy as shown in the picture as above.:)
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter(Softened)
- 3/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt.
- 2 Cups Semi sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 1 Cup nuts(Chopped)
Here is the step by step wise as follows.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Add the flour,Baking soda and salt.Sieve it once.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients as step 1 follows. Keep aside.
- Add Butter,granulated sugar,brown sugar and beat it until it is creamy by using hand mixer or electric mixer.
- Scrap all the sides by using spatula.
- Add eggs one by one at a time. Beat well until it is well incorporated.
- Add Vanilla extract to it.
- Add Flour mixture by 3 additions to get well covered /blended
- Scrap all the sides by using spatula and it is well incorporated.
- Add choco chips and fold it by using spatula.If you want to add nuts you can add along with choco chips.
- Talk half of the cookie dough and other dough keep aside. Take 1st half of the cookie dough,Dust the flour on the working surface and roll the cookie dough.Take cut out X mas cutter and place on the cookie dough to get the desired shapes. Transfer the shaped cookie on the Baking sheet.
- Take out the remaining cookie dough,Take a tablespoon of cookie dough and place on another baking sheet.Bake it for about 8 to 10 minutes or until brown one.Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Choco chips cookies is served as per your decorations as you like It goes great with a glass of milk or eat as it is :).
Notes:If you want to add nuts you can add along with choco chips to it.I didn't add as nuts is an allergy for her friends.so didn't add it too.
- Serves about 5 dozen cookies :)
Linking this entry to Divya's and Priya's Christmas Event
Linking this entry to Sireesha's Event
linking it to Foodomania’s Christmas Cook-Off Contest