Wishing you and your family Very Happy New Year!
Herewith I had made Cauldron cakes which is eggless and my most challenging task is chocolate design handle. For this month challenge on baking Egg less group it was so different when I heard the name and have not got any idea about it but it is very cute on seeing it.It goes great on Halloween series. Am thankful to Archana of The mad scientist kitchen who suggested this recipe. It is 1st challenging to me :) Here is the recipe and pic as shown.
I made some changes as I had added Vinegar,whipped cream instead of marshmallow frosting and it tasted awesome :)
Original Recipe Adapted from Pastry Affair.
Devil’s Food Cup Cake:
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Sour cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
For making Chocolate Handle
- Melt the remaining 1/2 chocolate chips and microwave it for about 1 minute, stir until smooth, and place into a pastry bag. You don't need a special tip for this step; I simply cut off the very end of the pastry bag which was sufficient. On a non-stick mat or wax paper, pipe out the handles
- Refrigerate it till it gets firm and able to peel off.
For Making devil cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C. Line the muffin papers on the muffin cupcake pan. and keep aside.
- Add all the dry ingredients(flour,baking soda,baking powder,sugar,cocoa powder,salt) into the bowl and sieve it.
- Add all the wet ingredients such as sour cream,vinegar,oil and vanilla extract into the bowl and mix well
- Add wet ingredients as step2 as above to the flour mixture in 3 additions and mix well till it gets incorporated.Do not over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup about two-third full with batter and bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- For Making whipped cream, Add all the ingredients together in to the bowl and whisk it for about 10 minutes to get peak stiff form. keep aside.
- Melt out the 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
I did on my own to get cauldron cupcake shape.
- Take 1 cupcake, cut out the excessive on the top by using pairing knife.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 chocolate chips and microwave it for about 1 minute, stir until smooth and allow it to cool.
- Dip the bottom of the cupcake to the melted chocolate bowl and place it on the wax paper and allow it to harden or keep in the fridge to get it quick.
- Take another 1 cupcake cut the top excessive and apply chocolate glaze over it.and stick it to another cut out chocolate covered cupcake.It will be alike pot.
- Put the whipped cream into the piping bag and design it on the top of the cupcake as shown in the pic.
- If you have any extra chocolate shavings or broken handle garnish it with the bottom of the cupcake .
- Put the melted chocolate into the piping bag and decorate it on the top of the cupcake around the whipped cream.
- Put colored sugars( i put yellow one) or edible gold glitters(if you have) on the top of the whipped cream.
- Peel off the handle gently from the wax paper.
- Put the firm handle on the top of the cupcake after glued each side on the top which will be able to hold the handle.
- Serve immediately or keep it in the fridge to avoid handle falling. :)
linking it to Foodomania’s Christmas Cook-Off Contest