I am sorry for not posting up recently. I got into some works away from blogging time. Here is the the baking partner's challenge had selected Eclairs by Swathi. It was wonderful making,delicious and my daughter loved it.
Eclairs is a pastry from the french origin.It is same like profiteroles.It was fun doing it.You can add any filling of your choice wither whipped cream,orange custard or chocolate custard.
Thank you Swathi for the wonderful challenge
Here are the ingredients
I had used very half of the measurements you can follow the full measurements:
For making Choux Pastry:
- 1 1/4 cups All purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons plus of 2 Tsp of sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter(unsalted) at Room Temperature
- 1/4 Tsp Salt.
- 4 Eggs plus 1 if needed.
I had followed orange pastry custard.
- 1 1/4 Cups milk
- 1 Tablespoons of Orange Zest from 2 oranges.
- 3 Egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Mariner.I had used 1 Tablespoon of Orange blossom water
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate bars coarsely chopped.
For making Choux Pastry Eclairs!
- Get your stand mixer with K paddle attachment or hand mixer and keep aside.
- Sift the flour along with sugar and mix well and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients such as salt,water and butter in to the sauce pan on a medium low heat.Stir well until the butter is melted.
- Once the butter is heated,turn off the heat.
- Put the flour-sugar mixture to the butter mixture and mix well until you get the paste consistency with the help of whisk
- Turn back on the medium heat,place the mixture in a saucepan and keep stirring till the dough gets away from all the sides and the bottom of the pan is clean.
- Immediately transfer the dough mixture to the stand mixer bowl or bowl by using hand mixer.Beat it to release the steam on medium low speed.
- Add egg one by one till you get the beak form for about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Allow the batter to remain chill in the fridge for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the batter to the piping bag with open tip 12 or round tip.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F or 190 C
- Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet.Pipe the finger shaped about 6 inches and 5 cms apart.Once you done the end.
- Wet your fingers by pressing down the tip of the curl to remain its shape.
- Spray the eclairs lightly with water.
- Reduce the oven temp to 350 F or 180 C
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes while rotating once.
- Reduce the oven temp to 325 F or 160 C.
- Bake it for another 20 minutes.
- Your puffs should be light brown and hollow.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack
For making filling:
- In a medium saucepan,combine the milk and orange zest on medium heat.Just to make sure the mixture gets heated.
- While the milk is warming, whisk the egg yolks,corn starch and sugar together and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture to the milk mixture and mix well.
- Turn back on the medium low heat,whisk the egg mixture with milk mixture and keep stirring until you get very thick.
- Turn off the heat.Add the orange blossom water to it and mix well.
- Allow it to cool.
- Chill it in the fridge.
For Making Chocolate glaze.
- In a medium saucepan,pour the cold cream to it.and boil till it reaches the boiling point.Switch off the heat.
- Pour the cream into the chocolate mixture and mix well with the help of the spoon and make sure it is completely melt.
- Chill in the fridge for about few hours or a day in advance before making eclair process.
- Allow to reheat the chocolate ganache for about 15 seconds in microwave mode.so it gets gooey semi liquid.
- Poke holes into each and every eclair either on the side or the bottom of the eclair.
- Pipe the custard over into it till it comes out.take off the excess or until the eclair feels heavy when you hold it
- Garnish it with your choice .
- Dip the eclair into the warm chocolate ganache bowl and place it on the baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper and allow it to chill.
- Served Chilled.
- Garnish it on the top with whipped cream as you like.
Sending this entry to Baking Partner challenge #12 Swathi's Zesty South Indian Kitchen