Wow I made mysurpa at my home..I had followed my mom's recipe.It is same as exact like Sree Krishna Sweets which is very famous all over Tamil Nadu,India. It is very simple,an aormatic all over my home and bit time consuming. Unlike hard ones it is so soft and so delicious
I has really enjoyed making this and invited over my friends and they loved it. It makes you feel so heavenly and melting in the mouth while eating.It is very soft and so rich in flavor.No preservatives..No food color at all . I feel very happy as I made homemade ones as we miss an Indian sweets as we are staying in abroad.Most will buy Sree Krishna Sweets as it is very rich and delicious in all tastes. Mysurpa is very famous in SKS(Sree Krishna Sweets) for all occasions especially Diwali.It also goes great for Dad's day :)
Enjoy it with your family and friends
Recipe Source : My mom
You can reduce to half.
- 1 Cup Besan /Gram Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup ghee
- 1/2 cup oil.(If you want richer in taste) Add ghee instead of oil.
- 1 Tsp cardamom powder
- Sieve the besan flour 2 times and add 1/4 cup of oil to it. Mix well.
- Take a kadai or pan,Add the sugar with water about 1/2 cup and let it boil on medium flame
- Make sure the sugar gets dissolved and keep boiling till it reaches the stage with single string thread consistency between the thumb and forefinger.
- Heat the ghee and the remaining oil to it on medium high flame till it reaches the smoking point and turn off the low flame.
- Pour the oil besan mixture to the sugar mixture and keep stirring continuously to avoid burn.
- Pour the hot ghee oil to the besan sugar mixture till you hear the sizzling sound and keep on continue stirring at regular intervals
- .Grease the ghee to the round plate or any pan.
- Transfer the prepared besan smeared in ghee to the greased plate or round pan.
- Spread evenly.
- Cut into the desired shapes by using knife while it is warm.
- Allow it to cool and cut again to get the desired shapes such as rectangle or square ones.
- Serve it.
Linking this entry to Sowmya's Event Authentic Indian sweets