I really enjoyed making it as I am so excited as It was mango again..I am totally in love with a fruit Mango.I baked an egg based cake and enjoyed it.Thanks to Home Bakers Challenge by Sangee who suggested this recipe.It is the best combination for chocolate and mango! It worked well.
I made into half and replaced it with oil instead of butter.It is so soft and moist.
Here are the ingredients for Mango Chocolate Cake.
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons of Hershey's Cocoa powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable / Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Mango Puree
- 2 Tablespoons of Buttermilk
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C Use any pan either round or loaf pan or any specialty pan.
- Sieve all the flour,baking soda and baking powder together and sift it.
- In an electric stand mixer with paddle attachment or hand mixer beat the sugar and oil on low heat and add the mango puree and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture in three additions.
- Add the vanilla extract and buttermilk to it.
- Mix well until it is well incorporated.
- Divide the batter into 2 halves.
- In that batter add the cocoa powder to it and mix well until it is well coated batter.
- Take a spoonful of each batter of mango chocolate to the prepared pan and add the mango batter to it.
- Take a bamboo stick and make it a swirled to get marble effect.
- Bake it for about 30 to 50 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Serve it along with a cup of tea or you can do the icing and decorate the cake as you like.I didn't add anything to the cake except powdered sugar to give a simple look with the help of stencil to look a very simpler one
Sending this to Sangee's Spicy treats and Home Bakers Challenge # 2