Hi friends :)
I got bored by seeing plain bread sometimes and want to add some fruits to it rather than adding tutti fruity to the bread. Hmmm I got 1 pint of Blueberries and was wondering what to do with it.It is so cute smaller ones than grapes/cherry size :) One day I was watching TV that is food TV :) It showed me Blueberry loaf with lemon flavor.I do love lemons.:) It strikes in my mind to bake it :) Finally baked it and wow what an awesome taste it looks alike cake like bread size.. Do you remember Wonder Cake since childhood memories.Its same alike sweet mini cute cakes like bread size with lots of different flavors :) Loved it too. I missed it lots. So baked it and came out with an aromatic lemon flavor and glazed lemon flavor on the top of the loaf:) Here is the recipe as below. :)
Enjoy it :)
For Blueberry loaf
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose Flour(Remove 1 Tablespoon of All Purpose flour for covering the Blueberries)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs(Can be replaced with 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk) Reduce to 1/4 cup sugar or depends on your taste
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter(Room Temperature)
- 2 Tablespoons Outer grated Lemon Zest
- 1/2 to 1 cup Fresh Blueberries (Washed it and dry it with tissue paper)
- 1/2 cup Skim Milk or Whole Milk
For Lemon Glaze:
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice from Fresh Lemons
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar.
For lemon Glaze:
- Take a small oven proof bowl,add sugar and lemon juice.
- Microwave it for about 30 seconds.
- Immediately pour the glaze on the top of the blueberry loaf.
Here is the Photo step by step wise :)
Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Using Hand mixer or Electric stand mixer with paddle attachment,Add the sugar and butter.
- Beat both sugar and butter and mix well until it is pale yellow in color.
- Take out the Dry Ingredients as above. Sift the ingredients except sugar and salt into the bowl. Add sugar and salt and mix well until it is well combined and Add lemon zest to it.
- Add eggs one by one at a time to the butter sugar mixture and mix well until it is well combined.
- Add Vanilla extract to it and mix well
- Add flour mixture to it by 3 additions along with milk.
- Mix well until it is combined.
- Put 1 Tablespoon Flour to the blueberries and make it sure that the blueberries are fully covered it with flour.
- Put the floured blueberries to the batter and fold in the blueberries gently.
- Transfer the blueberry coated flour batter to the greased baking loaf Pan.
- Bake it for about 30 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack
- Once it is still hot,pour the glaze over it on the top evenly after pricked it on the top gently with fork
- Once cooled.Slice it by using serrated knife.
- Serve it :)
Happy Baking :)
Linking this entry to
Kavitha's FoodMania and Vardhini's Announcement Page
Nayna's Let's cook with Fruits
Elisabeth's Food and thrift and Lora's Cake Duchess
Ren's Simple and In season