After used many types of normal bread and I feel we have to do something different in which have not tasted it.I gave an idea to do spiced herb bread.I was thinking about the size of the pan what to use.I got an idea of how about doing the Monkey Bread after watching Food Channel. It was so challenging and finally made it.It is like pull- apart bread.It goes great with any pasta based on an Italian pastas or soup.I have decided to add only herb spices based on an Italian seasonings.I had added basil, oregano and all as given in an Italian seasonings bottle.I can say it is an Italian herbs spiced monkey bread :)
We had it along with pasta and it goes very tasty and best dinner we had :)
Here are the ingredients for making bread and prepared herbed spices
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups of All purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 Oz) yeast(Red Star Quick rise Yeast)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 cup milk plus 1/4 cup warm milk
- 2 Tablespoons of any oil such as vegetable oil or canola oil or olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter Divided into 2.
- 1 Egg.(If you don't want to add egg, then increase the amount of milk.)
For making the herb spices
- 1 Tsp or 1 Tablespoon of White sesame seeds if you like to add.
- Each 1/2 Teaspoon of Thyme,Rosemary,Oregano and parsley dried leaves or majoram
- 1 Tsp of garlic powder if you have or add minced garlic from 1 whole garlic or half
- 3 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tsp of paprika
Apply butter on the bottom and all over the sides of the bundt pan or round pan 9 inch.Keep aside.
For making the bread dough:
For making yeast I had used it on my own way
- Add the yeast along with warm milk and add sugar to it.Mix well and keep aside and allow it to rise.
- Sieve the dry ingredients such as flour and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well on the center of the flour mixture bowl and pour the risen yeast mixture to it.
- Add a egg to it and mix well by using dough attachment in electric mixer or stand mixer. or knead it by using your hands.
- Knead well till it is smooth and elastic. Atleast keep on kneading for about 10 minutes.
- Grease the butter on the bottom and sides of the bowl and keep the dough into it.
- Cover it with kitchen towel
- Allow it to keep inside the oven with light on as it will be a warm place for allowing the dough to rise well.Allow it to rise for about 1 to 2 hours or depends on the weather there.
- Once risen up,punch out gently as shown in pic.
- Prepare the herbs under the ingredient as given. Mix well until it is well combined.
- Divide the dough into two.Make into small balls.
- Take a butter into a bowl Dip each and every ball into the butter and covered it with herbs in a bowl.
- Once the ball is covered with spices and place it on the bundt pan as shown in picture.
- Keep the remaining balls and so on.
- Once it is finished. Cover it with kitchen towel again.
- Allow it to rise up again for another 1 hour or until it is doubled up in size.
- Once risen up then bake it for about 30 to 35 minutes at 350 F or 180 C. Insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean then take it out from the oven.
- Allow it to cool slightly as it is best to eat the warm bread.
- It is best served along with your favorite choice of pasta or soup.
Happy Baking :)
Jagruti's Event Potluck party