After a visit to an Italian Restaurant I was so impressed with desserts and want to try it.Finally I got to make Panna Cotta. Panna Cotta is purely originated from Piedmont,Italy! It is termed as "Cooked Cream" as an Italian dessert!
I used an Agar Agar as replaced by gelatin and it tasted lovely.It is so simple and tasted heavenly. It can be served along with berries or caramel sauce or chocolate sauce or fruit coulis
Here I made Mango Vanilla and chocolate panna cotta with mango coulis
Recipe Source adapted from here.
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping cream
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Agar Agar( If you have Agar Agar powder use 1 Tsp otherwise take out the thin membranes of agar agar atleast 2 Tablespoons break into pieces.)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Water for Agar Agar thin membranes.
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate bars
- 1 cup Mango puree from 1 Mango. (Add Cardamom powder if you want while making puree)
- 1/4 cup Powdered sugar
- Mango Puree
- Mint leaves
- Combine all the ingredients together such as Milk,Cream and mix well.Soak 1 Tablespoon of agar agar into the water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add soaked agar agar into the milk cream mixture and let it dissolve it for about 10 to 15 minutes on medium low heat.
- Mix well and add sugar.
- Once Agar agar is dissolved,Add vanilla extract.
- Divide the mixture into 2 halves.Add semi sweet melted chocolate bars into the milk cream mixture.
- Transfer it into 2 bowls after sieved it.
- Pour evenly into the ramekins ( I had made 2 Vanilla and 2 chocolate) as seen in the picture.If you like to add both flavors ,add chocolate panna cotta and pour white panna cotta carefully on the chocolate panna cotta and Keep it in the fridge for about 1 hour or until it is set.
- Put the mango pieces into the mixie along with cardamom powder(optional) and blend it into puree.
- On medium heat,Pour the mango puree along with sugar into the medium saucepan and allow it to stir
- Take the remaining agar agar and add the remaining 1/2 cup water and let it boil on medium heat.Once it is dissolved.
- Pour the hot agar mixture to the hot mango puree sugar mixture and keep stirring.that is called mango coulis.
- Once it gets thickened while stirring continuously.
- Pour the thickened mango puree mixture on the top of the panna cotta evenly.
- Make sure it gets back to the fridge and allow it to set for about 1 hour or until it is set.
- Place the ramekins on warm water to release the panna cotta before invert it on the serving plate.
- Invert the ramekins into the serving plate.
- Garnish it with mango puree agar mixture as you like.
- Serve immediately when chilled.
Happy Baking Free Day!!!!!!
Mango Series By Viji and Gats
Linking this entry to Kauser's Kitchen Event