Hi Friends :)
Here Today is lovely day because it is amazing weather here and it is raining heavily on Spring season.I feel we will have snack along with a cup of chai. So I did followed the step by step wise pictures of my dear blogger friend Swathi of Zesty South Indian Kitchen.I just loved her keralite recipes and had followed the recipe from her and bookmarked her recipes mostly in my web browser.Time has arrived and made and we all tasted it along with a cup of tea.
Recipe Adapted from Swathi's Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- 1 Cup Raw Rice
- 1/4 cup Urad dhal
- 1 Tsp Sesame seeds( if you have black one can add)I had used white ones.
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Oil for Deep frying.
- 4 Plantains( I had used 2 )
- 14 Cup Water
- Soak rice and dhal separately for about 4 hours.
- Grind rhe rice and dhal together after adding little by little water to get smooth batter.Transfer into the bowl
- Add the sesame seeds,salt,turmeric powder and cumin seeds into the batter bowl and mix well.
- Take out the plantains which is ripened.Slit out the plantain in halves.
- Remove the black spots.
- Cut into size bite pieces
- Take a deep frying kadai and add oil to it .Once it is hot.
- Dip the cut plantains into the batter and coat well on both sides
- Put it in the deep frying kadai and allow to to cook on both sides till it turns golden brown in color.
- Drain it with tissue paper and transfer into the serving plate.
- Serve it along with a cup of tea.