It was so amazing to make cheesecake.On Baking Partners challenge #9 has selected Cheesecake.It was so wonderful to bake or no bake cheesecake.It is really wonderful to bake cheesecake and very challenging task to make it.
I have chosen Egg based Cheesecake one that is very soft alike cotton and It is called as Cotton soft Japanese Cheesecake.
Thank you so much Swathi of Baking partners and suggested by Reeni
Here are the ingredients as follows.
Recipe source Adapted from here
- 2/3 cup or 5 oz Fine sugar
- 2 oz of All purpose flour or cake flour
- 1 oz of Corn starch
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 6 Egg whites
- 6 Egg yolks
- 1/4 Tsp of cream of tartar
- 2 oz or 1/4 cup Butter
- 8 oz of Cream cheese
- 3 oz of milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice from 1 lemon.
- Sieve the all purpose or cake flour along with salt and corn starch in a bowl. Combine together.Keep aside.
- Separate the 6 eggs for yolks and whites
- In a double boiler on a medium heat, Add the cream cheese along with milk and butter and allow it to melt.Allow it to cool down.
- In a medium bowl,add the yolks only along with 2 Tablespoons of sugar and mix well.
- Fold in the flour along with egg yolk mixture and cream cheese butter milk mixture gently.Finally add lemon juice.Mix well.
- In an electric stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment,place the egg whites along with cream of tartar to it.Beat well until it is frothy and foamy.
- Add the remaining sugar one by one in three additions to get stiff peak forms.
- Once the egg whites has peak form,Add the cream cheese yolk mixture to it. Fold gently until it is well incorporated.
- Grease butter and dust it with flour on the bottom and sides of the 8 or 9 inch spring foam pan. If you have parchment paper,cut the paper into circle shaped of the pan size and place it into the bottom of the spring-foam pan.
- Transfer the batter to the spring-foam pan evenly.
- Take an extra baking deep one rectangular pan, pour the hot boiling water to it and place the spring-foam pan in a water bath.
- Allow it to bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes at 325 F or 160 Degrees C or until it is set or gets golden brown on the top.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Once cooled,remove the spring-foam pan and place it on the serving plate.
- Cut into slices and serve along with powdered sugar and fruit glaze of your choice.
Linking to BAKING PARTNERS