Hi Friends :)
Here At evening I made this one which is the 1st time for me to do as it is new to me as I have not tasted it so far and bookmarked her recipe from Swathi of Zesty South Indian Kitchen.It tastes so heavenly because it has sweetness inside and outside so crispy. Go for it :) It is purely originated from our God's own country KERALA :)
Recipe Adapted from Swathi's Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- 2 Ripe Plantains
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup sweetened or semi sweet coconut flakes or freshly grated coconut
- A handful of Cashew nuts,Raisins
- 2 Tablespoons of Ghee
- Crushed cardamom 2 nos
- A few teaspoons of ghee/oil to grease hands for making plantains.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar if u want to increase the sweetness
- 1 egg(Optional) I didn't use egg
I used Vegetable oil.
- Take out the tissue paper and cover the plantains over it in a plate and place it in to the microwave on high heat for about 2 minutes or 3 minutes.
- Once it turns black on the outside skin.Remove the skin and slit into 2 halves and remove the black seeds.
- Using potato masher or knead with your hands mash the plantains well.Add a tablespoon of water to get the right consistency of the dough to make the balls together as size golf balls alike.
- Place the balls in a plate and keep aside.
For Making the Stuffing
- Take a wide sauce pan,add the ghee and once hot,add the cashew nuts and fry till it gets light brown in color.Keep aside.
- Put the raisins in the remaining ghee saucepan and fry till the raisins puffed up.Keep aside.
- Add freshly grated coconut and fry till it gets an aromatic and light brown in color.Add sugar to it and mix well.
- If you want to add egg you can add egg to it and make sure it is cooked well and raw smell goes off.
- Turn off the heat and finally add crushed cardamom.
- Once it is warmed up and allow to place the stuffing into the ball dough.
- In a deep bottomed frying kadai,add oil to it and make sure it is hot.
- Grease the ghee/oil with your hands and make flattened out of the ball dough and place the stuffing about 1 tablespoons to it and shaped into the torpedo.Repeat the process till you finish it.
- Put the stuffed plantain fritters into the hot oil and fry till the one side turns golden brown in color.
- Turn on the other side to get brown in color and make sure it does not stand longer..Flip it soon and take out.
- Drain it with tissue paper and repeat the same process.
- Serve it with a cup of tea and goes on great snack for kids.