Mango is the most favorite fruit and It tastes very great in any method of cooking and baking too.When I was reading the Baking Partners Challenge #9. I had immediately read the eggless one because it has mango and it is one of my favorite fruit.Adding Agar Agar is tricky one. It is very challenging for me to do.I had already baked Cotton soft Japanese Cheesecake in my previous post.I want to give the best thing to do an egg-less one. You also try for it. I am really thankful to Swathi of Zesty South India and Sweatha.
I had made homemade curd and strained well over night to get thickened cream yogurt and homemade paneer too.I also choose to make cheesecake into a glass with little bit of strawberry pieces as my daughter loves it. It is double fruits cheesecake in a Glass as It is very tricky one. Most did is using pan or muffin pan.I just did in a glass because it does not require baking! It goes great with guests for the dessert. It tastes so perfect,soft and the flavor taste of cardamom as I made mango puree and added cardamom too.
You can use it any pan or muffin pan or even glass of your favorite one.
Recipe adapted from Divine Taste suggested by Sweatha.
Here are the ingredients as follows! I had reduced to half of the measurements.You can follow the full measurements.
For the Crust:
- 1 cup Digestive Biscuits.I had used Honey Graham Cracker Biscuits. crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of salted butter.
- 1 Cup Homemade Paneer or Store bought Cottage Cheese(Paneer)
- 1/2 cup Fine sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Thickened cream yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Mango puree (Peeled,chopped and pureed)
- 1/2 Cup Strawberry puree(Chopped and pureed)
- 15 grams of China grass or Agar Agar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
For the Mango Glaze
- 1/2 cup Mango puree(I had chopped the mango after peeled, I had added 1/4 Tsp of cardamom powder while making the puree)
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
For making thickened yogurt,Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth lined in a colander and allow it to strain for an overnight to get half one. I had made this a day before making the cheesecake process.
For Making the crust.
- Put the biscuits into a zip lock plastic bag and seal it. Roll the biscuits in a zip lock by using rolling pin to get the crushed biscuits.Keep rolling till you get the crumbs of the biscuits.Transfer the rolled biscuits into a medium bowl.
- Add the chopped butter into the biscuit bowl and make into crumbs by using pastry blender or using with your hands to get butter coated biscuit crumbs.
- Place the butter covered biscuit crumbs on the botttom of the glass or pan or muffin pan lined with baking cup paper. Press it evenly
- Keep it in the fridge for 1/2 hour or until it is firm
For Making the filling
- Take out the strained thickened yogurt and paneer strained out from the water if it has.
- Blend the thickened yogurt and paneer into smooth and creamy by using blender or mixie.
- Transfer the cheese mixture into the bowl
- In a bowl, add 3/4 cup water and 15 gms of agar agar into it.Allow it to soak for about 10 minutes or until it is soft.
- In a medium sauce pan in a medium heat.Place the mango puree to it and allow to stir continuously and must not allow to boil.
- In a medium sauce pan in a medium heat.Place the strawberry puree to it and allow to stir continuously and must not allow to boil.
- In the same time place the agar agar along with water mixture into the another medium sauce pan on low heat,Allow it to melt completely which will take it for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the hot mango puree and hot strawberry puree into the hot agar agar mixture. Stir well.
- Add the mango strawberry agar agar mixture into the yogurt and cheese mixture slowly and add the sugar and vanilla extract,Mix well with the help of a whisk to get well incorporated.
- Pour the filling mixture into the prepared crust in a glass.
- Spread evenly with a spoon.
- Allow it to chill into the fridge for about 3 to 4 hours or until it is set.
For Making the glaze.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the mango puree along with sugar and water and lemon juice.Allow it to cook till it gets thickened and switch off the heat.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Spread the mango glaze evenly with a spoon over the cheese mixture which is set.
- Allow it to cool in the fridge for about 1 to 2 hours or until it is set.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Garnish it on the top with grated chocolate pieces or just any fruit of your choice.
Linking this entry to
Mango Series By Viji and Gats
Flavors of Greece by Seduce your Tasty Buds